Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Cherry Tree Academy we work together as a committed team to provide a happy, secure and stimulating environment where children are motivated to learn, are valued as individuals and encouraged to reach their full potential.
WE AIM FOR ALL OUR CHILDREN TO.......
- achieve high standards across the curriculum
- acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the changing world in which they live
- respect and value themselves, other people and the environment
- develop enquiring minds with motivation to learn
- work independently and collaboratively
- take responsibility for their own actions and make informed choices
- have well developed communication and social skills
- have self-confidence and high self-esteem
- recognise themselves as citizens of the wider world
- extend themselves in mind, body and spirit
To achieve these aims for our children we are committed to provide the following:-
- a welcoming, stimulating and safe learning environment
- high expectations of our children and ourselves
- a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- high quality teaching using a variety of teaching strategies
- a range of resources that are effectively used to support learning
- equal access to all aspects of the curriculum and school life
- support, guidance and training for all those who teach and work with our children
- foster and maintain links with the wider community
- recognise and celebrate achievements in all areas of school life
- work enthusiastically together to achieve our vision and aims
We do this to prepare our children for adult life and assist them in becoming successful life-long learners, confident individuals, and responsible members of the community.