Learning Mentor Job Advert
Application closing date
Waterton Academy Trust
Grade 6 £20,661 FTE (actual salary £12,958.02). Term time only, 27.5 hours per week.
Cherry Tree Academy Cobblers Lane Pontefract WF8 2HN
School, School Support, Term time
Cherry Tree Academy is a warm and welcoming school, which became part of the successful Waterton Academy Trust in April 2017, one of the first primary only multi academy trusts in the Wakefield area.
The Governors are seeking to recruit a talented and dedicated individual with drive and determination to join our team as Learning Mentor as soon as possible.
We are looking for a person with a genuine passion for supporting children's social, emotional and learning needs; someone who believes they can make a real difference in our school and who will have genuinely high expectations of all our children.
The role of Learning Mentor in a primary school is highly rewarding and varied. You will support children of all ages to overcome a variety of issues such as poor attendance, lack of self-esteem, behavioural and emotional difficulties or social and learning challenges. You will work with small groups and on a one to one basis, working closely with other professionals and liaising with parents and carers.
The successful candidate will:
* Have good communication and listening skills
* Have good planning and organisational skills
* Have ability to foster nurturing relationships with children and families
* Demonstrate empathy
* Be encouraging and motivating
* Demonstrate resilience
* Be committed to raising standards and supporting children to overcome barriers to learning
* Be committed to the school's ethos of high expectations
* Demonstrate a flexible and creative approach to problem solving
* Have the ability to interact with people and work as part of a team
In return, we can offer:
- A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team
- A commitment to your professional development and the provision of high quality professional development
- Children who are eager to learn and a pleasure to support
- Friendly colleagues who believe there are no limits to what we can achieve for our children
- Rich and varied opportunities for innovative collaborative working with colleagues from across the Waterton family of schools
Informal visits to our schools are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange this please contact the school office on 01977 704138
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 20th October at noon
Shortlisting: Monday 30th October
Interviews: Monday 6th November
Waterton Academy Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.